Thursday, November 22, 2007

Grits are good

Dave's new favorite restaurant is the Hominy Grill in downtown Charleston. He likes it because 1) he loves shrimp and grits and that's their signature dish; 2) the desserts are amazing; and 3) it's not that expensive.

Click here for The New York Times info on the restaurant.

I like the restaurant, too, but I can't seem to find something on the menu that isn't fried or doesn't have onions in it. The desserts are amazing, though. A few days ago when we went with my parents, my mom got buttermilk pie, I got Hummingbird cake (a type of spice cake), and Dave got sweet potato pie. They all were incredible. Dave still talks about the brown sugar pound cake he had when we dined there back in October.

The waiter also brought us something we've never had before--boiled peanuts. My father, who loves peanuts, didn't like them. They were definitely different, but were too mushy for my taste. I'm glad we tried them, though. Apparently you can eat the shell, but as you can see from the picture we weren't that daring. I can't imagine eating a peanut shell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the grits, but I love good deserts! I can't wait to come visit so we can go to the restaurant. Hope you both had a great Thanksgiving!!!