Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's Fall, Y'all!

For some strange reason I was worried before we moved down here that seasons wouldn't change in Charleston and that we wouldn't experience my favorite season--fall. I didn't want to miss that crisp November breeze or the golden vibrant hues of leaves changing their colors.

Luckily, all of my worrying was a waste of time (which is usually the case).

While the seasonal change isn't as distinct as what we experience in Virginia, Charleston definitely has a fall. We learned that firsthand yesterday when we raked over 20 trash bags full of FALL LEAVES! It was a beautiful day to rake leaves, but it took us a long time! By the time we finished bagging the leaves it was dark outside. I snapped these two pictures at dusk. Dave and I were pretty wiped out and are very sore this morning. But we actually had fun raking the leaves...probably because in some way we were grateful for them.


1 comment:

Anne said...

Good for you! I sure hope y'all treated yourselves to a heapin' helpin' of SWEET TEA after! :-)