Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Time passages

I spent most of 2007 trying to slow time. I was unsuccessful.

Each day as we approached our move to South Carolina, I felt panic as time slipped away. Why did it have to go so fast? Couldn't I have just one more day in the townhouse we loved? Or another fun evening with friends we cherish?

I wanted more time at my job. I wanted more time in the DC area. I wanted more time to watch the Redskins play. I wanted more time with my family. I just wanted more time and I wanted things to stay the same.

Now that we're in Charleston, I know time will still fly. But in 2008 I will be trying to slow time for a different reason--I have so much I want to do. Each year as the calendar flips to January 1st, it's exciting to look ahead to the future. I can't wait to see what is in store for me and Dave, our friends, and our family. Here's to a happy and healthy 2008!!!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Jen, this is beautiful. Thanks for the reminder not to be frustrated that time passes so quickly, but to be excited about what we want to do and grateful for what we have done!! Happy New Year, girlfriend!