Saturday, January 5, 2008

En français

This morning Dave and I went downtown to the Gaulart and Maliclet Cafe (G&M Cafe) also known as Fast & French: www.fastandfrench.org/G&M/G&M_index.html. When we visted Charleston back in February a friend at work who is from Charleston recommended we stop by G&M. I was anxious to return so I was excited to go back there this morning. The breakfast was terrifique. (That's about the extent of my french vocabulary even though I took it in high school! Hee hee.)

Downtown Charleston reminds us a lot of Europe, which makes sense because the English settled in Charleston in the 1600s. Huguenots from western and northern France also settled in Charleston in the 1680s. Each time Dave and I are downtown we notice the french influence, especially.

That's why G&M cafe fits in so well downtown. The coffee (made in a french press) is delicious. It was a nice way to start off our Saturday morning. Bonne Année 2008!!

No comments: