Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A busy few months

These past few months have been quite a whirlwind. Lots of fun and lots of emotions! In September we sold our house. It was a very busy few weeks getting it ready to put on the market but our hard work paid off and it sold. Thank goodness! We're so grateful!


In September, too, my friend Jenna, her husband, and two little girls came down from Pittsburgh for the weekend and our friends Kari and Darrin had a cookout with my college friends. We also attended a party for Dave's grandfather and uncle to celebrate their Henderson business in Williamsburg. It was a really nice party and it was awesome to see how Dave's grandfather built the company. To top it off, I got to meet my longtime musical idol--Bruce Hornsby!

Then October rolled around and we went to Charleston for a week or so to find housing. We also visited with Nancy and Ed, and on the way back with Dave's family in Winston Salem. Nomini got to stay with Dave's mom and George--she thought she was away at a resort :).

The highlight of October was when Dave's brother Paul got married in Albany, NY! It was an awesome wedding and we're so happy for Paul and Kristin!

Now we're getting ready to move and it's been hectic packing up and saying goodbye. My office had a luncheon for me last week at Lebanese Taverna in Arlington. It was fun--I have great coworkers!
Our good friends Ben, Bethany, and Courtney threw a party for us, too, this past weekend for our local friends. It was a nice way to visit with all of our Northern Virginia friends.


This Friday is my last day at work. We closed on our house this past Monday...the new owners seem nice and excited about moving in (which made me really happy). Also this weekend we're celebrating my parents' 40th Anniversary!!! We were married on the same day, in the same church they were married in . . . just 33 years later :).

We move next Tuesday. We're excited and nervous but (almost) ready to go. I wish I could just pack up all of our family and friends with us to the south! We've always been blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. We've enjoyed visiting with them all before we move--meeting for breakfasts, dinners, lunches, etc. these last few weeks--it's been nice. I'm a bit emotional about it all but very excited. I guess a few tears here and there won't hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, this is so delightful! Your writing makes me want to jump in the car and drive south immediately. I love that they load your groceries for you! And I would totally be taken aback by that too at first. Keep up the blogging!